Things I've been tinkering with today...


I pilfered this old fence paling from my friend Jen's woodpile the other day and discovered I'm quite handy with a saw. Charlie came along as I was making it and said 'what are you doing?'. 'I'm painting a sign for the wedding', I said. 'Holy moly' was her reply :) 


While I had the paint out I fixed up this old box that was rotting in the shed. I put a new bottom on it and painted it white. I think I will put a bunch of matching jars in it and fill them with flowers. Can you see it?


And I finished a few more strings of doily bunting. I got a bunch of perfect round doilies from the masonic trash and treasure last weekend. I'm thinking we might have a few of these strung between two wooden poles dug into the sand, standing behind us on the beach for the ceremony. I can see them flapping in the breeze with the beautiful azure sea in the background. What do you think?


I also bit the bullet and purchased these shoes on Ebay to wear with my 'new' vintage dress. After spending many tired hours searching for the right shoes (it makes it a wee bit harder not being able to buy new!), obsessing and becoming deeply confused, I feel really happy with these. They are a typical Tania style and I think I will love them not just for the day, which was one of my main goals. I'm slightly concerned about the height, but at least the heel is nice and sturdy.
Lets hope they fit!

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for you! So many great things to LOVE! The doily bunting is great. (I just love doilies.) And those shoes are pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the doily bunting! Wish I'd thought of that for my wedding. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your ideas for the wedding. It is coming together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts